Had trouble trying to return a faulty product, or simply cannot keep track of receipts for what you buy? The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has a handy little tool to help. You can download the free BuySmartQLD app for iPhone, Android and handheld devices.
BuySmartQLD provides you with important information about your consumer rights at the touch of your fingertips. Find out about your refund rights, warranties and lay-bys before, and as you shop.
Now you no longer need to keep physical receipts. Instead you can store photos of these directly into the app. You can also set reminders for expiry dates of your gift vouchers, warranties and lay-bys. This means no more hunting around in your bag for receipts or wondering when that gift voucher from xmas runs out. Save all of this in the one easy to reach place, designed specifically with consumers in mind.
BuySmartQLD includes information on:
• your rights when you have a problem with a product
• what to do if you have changed your mind about a purchase
• gift cards and vouchers
• second-hand products
• online purchases
• types of warranties
• repairs and replacements under warranty
Using BuySmartQLD, you can also:
• store photos of your receipts, in case they fade or are lost
• set a reminder for the expiry date of your gift cards
• set a reminder for your next lay-by payment
• set a reminder for warranty expiry date of and product.
All this handy information is at the touch of your fingertips via your smartphone.
You can find more information about your consumer rights and the BuySmart QLD app on the OFT website.