ICAN is Hiring!
We welcome applicants from around Australia and Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply
Your Financial Counselling Diploma and experience working in partnership with diverse groups will get you one-step closer to our thriving Organisation. Our expectation is that you will contribute to the higher purpose of our Organisation by contributing and collaborating with our existing Financial Counselling & Capability Team to make a positive impact to the people and the communities that we serve.
We Will Support You:
The FC&C Operations Manager will support you from the ground upward, along with a supportive FC&C Team, who are determined and passionate about education, advocacy and financial counselling and are looking forward to welcoming and supporting an addition to their Team.
You will also be provided with the tools to undertake your work including a laptop and mobile phone and there is ongoing support for training and professional development opportunities.
What You Need To Work With Us:
- A Diploma of Financial Counselling
- At least three years experience in financial counselling and/or long standing experience as a financial capability worker
- Understanding and working knowledge of the relevant issues impacting on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Ability to engage with and use effective and appropriate communication to work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and understand cultural protocols.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and use autonomy when required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in working with and for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities in North Queensland.
ICAN is family orientated and appreciates that there needs to be a balance between work and life, so we provide all our staff with the following:
- Flexible approach to our work days
- 36.25 hours per week (with a 12:15pm finish every Friday)
- Fortnightly Pay with access to salary packaging through AccessPay,
- 5 weeks annual leave + Plus Gifted Christmas Leave
- An innovative Staff Wellbeing Program (unlike most others)
- We value the empowerment of the people we support, and our staff;
- We strive to develop sustainable solutions through innovation;
- We are built on outcomes that are supported by a solid evidence base – accountability;
- We work in partnership with community, government and industry to create real change;
- We strive to unite and advance our community through positive, strong relationships based on a shared purpose.
We seek someone that aligns with our Values.
To apply for this opportunity, please forward your employment history and an introduction of yourself, no more than 2 pages, that addresses the following questions:
- How have you shown a commitment to working with and for people experiencing vulnerable circumstances?
- Describe a time where you have had to manage a complex and/or challenging matter on behalf of our client – what were the challenges and what strategies did you use to overcome them?
- Tell us why you are passionate about financial counselling?
For more information contact Jennifer Spry, Human Resource Manager 07 4031 1073.
Position Description provided upon request.