ICAN is Hiring!
North Qld Region (Cairns, Townsville, Atherton)
ICAN are looking to employ a Financial Counsellor who will use their skills and experience to provide financial counselling and financial capability services to people experiencing financial difficulty across north and far north Queensland.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will have experience in and a passion and determination for working with marginalised communities to empower them in achieving financial wellbeing.
- Diploma of Financial Counselling
- At least three years experience in financial counselling and/or long standing experience as a financial capability worker
- Understanding and working knowledge of the relevant issues impacting on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Ability to engage with and use effective and appropriate communication to work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and understand cultural protocols.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and use autonomy when required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Financial Literacy Education skill set.
- Experience in advocating for people experiencing disadvantage and vulnerable circumstances in the community.
We offer above Award rates, working 36.25 hours per week, full-time equivalent and five weeks annual leave with ongoing development and salary packaging.
For more information or for a copy of the Position Description contact Jennifer Spry, Human Resource Manager on 07 4031 1078.